Τετάρτη 17 Απριλίου 2013

Το 15ο Κεφάλαιο...!


Part 15


“Come again?!” I was so obsessed that I was going crazy.
“She is his daughter, he is her father and that's all. They are family. What did you not understand?”
“No, no they can't be. He attacked her. He wanted her dead.” My words made me anxious. I desired so badly to run to her. I wish I could.
“Daryl just focus for a minute. Remember the legend, remember Daryl!” she pleaded.
“Wow! Are you implying that she is...?” I couldn't finish because it was by far the craziest thing that have ever crossed my mind.
“I'm not implying anything. I say it. She is the only person that is destined to be one of us. She was born to be a vampire.”
“No!” I yelled, “I'm not letting anyone to drag her into this kind of life, into the darkness.”
“But she was born in the darkness!”
“I said no!”
“Okay think another advantage, you can finally be together!”
“I don't want it to be this way. I want her human. I want her alive.”
“I agree but what happens when she dies?”
“I die” I said quickly. I had decided it a long time ago. I wasn't alive but existing without Linda was hell. I had fought about that with her, too.
“But - but...” Erin tried to object.
“End of discussion” I told her. I knew she was trying to help but, honestly, she had the opposite effect. I turned and run away. I was confused, although for the first time in my life I knew one thing; I wanted her alive! And I would do anything to protect her. For doing it I should find out as many clues as I could. Everyone had heard the legend. Now I had to disclose the truth.
Searching all day and all night. I hadn't talked to anyone that day. Erin tried to talk to me and help me. “Okay lately you've been an idiot and I have no idea what's wrong with you, but Vanessa will come here in a while. She wants to help.” Vanessa. She was a 500 years old vampire. She was nice, sometimes. But she could get really scary.
“I've heard that you need my help, again.”


I turned around and found Vanessa sitting at the black sofa with her feet on the coffee table. “So what do you want to know?” she asked with a British accent.
“What's up with this legend?”
“She is the legend and as far as I know you're aware of It.” she answered calmly like we were talking about the weather.
“But she can't be. I know her.”
“You think you know her, Daryl.”
“Think of all the times that Linda survived from situations that no other human being had ever done so” Erin said. She was determined to make me believe, but that was impossible. That fact would ruin my life if I accepted it.
A long time ago, there were two vampires. Their fate was to bring to life a little girl who would help the Elders with the tribe. So, on 18th October 1994 she was born. The legend says that her father has to kiss her three times to activate her powers. And when that happens, she will be unstoppable. All kind of creatures you know will want to find her. From the vampires to the Angels, but that's something that some of us is said to add it to the myth. Anyway, when Linda was born, they gave her to a happy married human couple to raise and protect her. But I know for a fact that they are both dead” she finished and I just stared at her. They must have done a mistake. Linda couldn't be that girl. Someone else was. I knew that it was true; I just didn't want to believe it. Who could believe something like that?
“I would advise you to go to Kansas, if you need to learn more” she continued and gave me a little piece of paper with an address written on it.
“What's that and how is going to help me?” I asked. My voice had stuck in my throat.
“She is gonna help you.” she responded and disappeared.
“We have to go to 'her', whoever she is” Erin was curious to solve the mystery behind Linda's life. The question was; did I want to uncover it? Yes and...No! I did want to find out who my love was. On the other hand, if I knew I would be Elders' first enemy and although I was strong-despite my age, I was really young for a vampire- I couldn't fight everyone they would send to kill me or her.


“Kansas it is where we must go” I told to myself and run to my car. Erin got to the passenger’s seat and we took off.

Linda's P.O.V


We have a surprise for you” Alicia told me as we were driving back home. I was out of the hospital; I only had a broken leg. It was Christmas, everything outside was white. Mackenzie would have hated it I thought and laughed at myself. She always preferred summer time. She loved the sun. This summer she wouldn't enjoy it, though. Worst Christmas in my life...
I concentrated on our conversation, it would destruct me.
“What surprise?” I asked pretending I was curious.
“It's a small one but soon it'll be huge” added Steve and smiled. I haven't seen him smile since the accident.
“Oh! Come on! Spill the beans”. I hit him in the back of his head, not as much as I wanted for hiding the surprise.
“Ouch!” he said joking. “And for that, you'll have to wait till dinner.” My bad mood was replaced by my curiosity to discover what this gift was.
When we got home I went straight to have a shower. My leg seemed to be a lot of better, which was weird because the doctor said that it would be healed in at least 2 months, I wore my PJ's, took my iPod and laid to bed. Nothing’s better than music. Soon I feel asleep. I wish I didn't, because I dreamt about that awful night, when Mackenzie died.
That dream will be haunting me for a lot of more days...
I woke up sweating, actually something woke me up. I opened my eyes and saw the cutest little puppy looking at me with its big brown eyes. “Who are you?” I sat up and took it in my arms.
“Say hello to your new little buddy, Prince!” I heard Alicia saying and turned my head. She was standing at the door frame with a lovely smile on her face.
“He looks like one” I said and petted his head.
“I think it's a chick's name.” Steve came to my bed and took the puppy in his arms. “Let's call him Hercules.”
“No” I kicked him with my good leg. “He is mine and I'll call him Prince. You call yours Hercules.”
“Who said it's yours?”
“Give him back or I swear I'll smash your PSP with my splint.”
“Okay Prince! Go to your mum.” he passed the dog to my hands and got out of the room. Alicia left, too. I put Prince under the blankets and fell asleep.


Daryl's P.O.V


It was already night when we arrived. We took only two minutes to find her home. In all the way we were trying to figure out who she was. “Maybe it's someone from her family” Erin said and we settled down at that assumption. Now, we were going to a woman, we didn't know, unprotected. Even vampires have to take some measures. We didn't. Erin thought she wouldn't hurt us because Vanessa sent up and she trusted her.
I rang the bell waiting to finally see who that woman was. After waiting for some minutes-which deemed like hours-a woman to her early 30's opened the door. She had long brown hair and brown eyes. That moment I understood why Vanessa sent us here. And who exactly she was.
“I've been waiting for you” she opened the door even more and let us in.
“Let me guess, you are Daryl.” she looked at me like she had known me for years.
“Um yeah! And who are you?”
“I'm Sara. Sara Miller.”
“Hi! I'm Erin. I suppose you know why we are here.”
“I do! Let's sit!” she headed to the living room and we followed her.
“Are you Linda's biological mother?” I asked without waiting a second.
“I guess you want me to start talking!” she took a sip of her drink and started telling us all the truth.
She told us that she and Brandon were Linda's biological parents. She had no idea that she would get pregnant. “At the begin I was happy about it, but then I learnt what her fate was and what she would become and gave her away. I wanted a normal life for her, but I guess wherever she is supernatural stuff follow her.” She was talking like a human mother not a heartless vampire. She chose to feel, to feel everything. It was vampires' choice what they would feel. The most of them usually choose the easy path. Maybe it isn't the right one. It is less painful, because whatever they do the guilt will always follow them around.
“The legend says that to activate her powers, her father has to kiss her three times.” Erin said.
“It is not true. That's why it's called 'legend'”
“So what it the truth?” she asked.
Then, I realized what was true. “He has to bite her.” As heartless as Brandon seemed, he wouldn't bite her daughter for fun. He wanted to reveal her powers. “Why does Brandon want that for her?”
“He wants to activate Linda's powers so she can help him kill the Elders, who also want Linda's help. She has to die to become a full vampire.” she explained.
“You have to go. Someone's here.” she got up and run to her vampire-speed to the window. “They are here. You have to run.” she came in front of me. “Daryl, I can see that you truly love her, so please promise me you won't let anything happen to her. And no matter what don't let Brandon bite her.”
I didn't want to make another promise. Every time I did somehow I messed it up big time and broke the promise. I couldn't let that happen again.
“Promise me!” she said louder when I didn't answer.
“I promise!” that word seemed so difficult to be said, especially for me. Her eyes filled with hope that her daughter's life wouldn't be like that.
However, then I heard someone shooting with a gun from outside. They seemed far away. It was a wooden bullet and it targeted directly to Sara's heart.
“Erin, we have to go, now!” within a second we were inside the car and driving back home. I had to go to Linda's house. She had to know the truth...


{{αν σε δυσκολεύει η αγγλική γλώσσα του βιβλίου επέλεξε στο πλάγιο μενού δεξιά ..μετάφραση - ελληνικά... ΓΙΑ ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΕΣ ΚΑΤΩ ΑΠΟ ΤΟ ΕΙΚΟΝΙΔΙΟ ΤΗΣ ΜΕΤΑΦΡΑΣΗΣ}}

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου