Παρασκευή 12 Απριλίου 2013

Το 13ο Κεφάλαιο...!


Part 13


About 20 days later, on 23rd December...

I was sitting by the window reading one of my favorite books and listening the raindrops falling outside. I was just turning the pages, I couldn't concentrate in anything. My mind was on Daryl and Jensen and everything that had happened. Since that day I haven't talked to any of them. After that Daryl admitted that he was a vampire he drove me back home safely. I still couldn't believe that he was a vampire, he was such a great guy, how could he be a beast?
In addition, Jensen has been very distanced, too, lately. He was acting mysteriously after our break up. Every time he saw me he would find a stupid excuse to avoid me. So I stopped trying. Everything was falling apart. My whole life was turning upside down, because of the creatures of night. I had even seen a mark from a bite on Alicia's neck. I knew he did it to her, but I couldn't do anything about it. I still hadn't found out a way to save her from Brandon. But what could I do? Try to face him on my own? That would be a suicide! Or better ask help from Daryl? It wasn't the best idea, either.


I sighed out loud. “ Hey, mum said that you should invite your friends tomorrow.” Steve came to my room.
“ Is she sure?” I wasn't sure if it was the best idea to invite Jensen here. I mean, it was okay about the girls, but with Jensen would be awkward. I liked him a lot, though, it wasn't right to be with him when I had feelings for someone else. I wasn't honest with him and of course I wasn't honest with myself.
“ Yeah of course! She was all happy about Brandon coming and she said you should tell your friends to come.” he said all that too quickly. “ I'm telling you. I do not like that guy, he is way too creepy. And -”
I stopped him. “ Wow wait! Brandon is coming?! This is a family dinner, tomorrow is Christmas Eve.” I objected. What I was afraid of came true...
I should call Daryl, I thought. No, I couldn't do that. Or could I?
All the time till the supper I was fighting with me if it was the right thing to call Daryl. And what exactly would I say? I couldn't bare the idea of hearing his voice, not after my rejection. I concluded to text him. It was short but had the most important information; I know we have a long time to talk, but tomorrow Brandon will be here... - Linda.
I pressed the bottom send and then I got ready for bed. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day... With that thought on my mind I feel to a dreamless sleep...
The next morning I woke up too late... Actually it wasn't even morning... I slept until 4 in the noon... I have never done that... However, it was the best sleep I have ever had for a long time.
“ Linda, are you still sleeping? You have to get ready!” I heard Alicia coming to the room. “ Everyone will be here in 3 hours come on!” she took the blanket off me and I felt cold. She smiled warmly and left the room.
“ Good evening!” I yelled. Tonight it was a special day. We always had family dinner this time of the year. It was tradition. Like we were celebrating our own Christmas. This year,though, it would be way too different. I just hoped that Daryl would come and bring an end to this whole situation with Brandon. And I wanted to see him...
I knew for a fact that it would be really awkward with Daryl and Jensen at the same house... I didn't want that, but something need to be done with all these senseless things...
After I got up, I took a shower and decided to look for a dress to wear. I opened the wardrobe and my eyes lead on a purple strapless dress with a layout. It was wonderful and I realized that I had never wore it. I chose a pair of black high heels to combine with the dress and the silver bracelet my mom had given me. I basically never took it off. I curl my brown hair and at the end I put some make up on.
An hour before everyone would be here I was ready and I had a strange feeling that something bad would happen...
I was too bored and anxious about the evening so I took the black nail polish and painted my nails. Time passed and everyone was already here. Nicole, Nicole's mother, Mackenzie and I were at the kitchen helping Alicia with the dinner. Jensen was at the living room playing video games with Steve. He would do everything to avoid me... I don't even get why he agreed to come when Alicia invited him... The only people who were late were Daryl and Brandon... That mustn't be good. Suddenly the door bell rang. Alicia went to opened the door. It was Brandon... “ Now that everyone is hear we can eat!”
“ Can we wait some more minutes? I invited one more friend of mine too.” I told Alicia and she agreed.
“ Who?” both Mackenzie and Nicole asked me.
“ You'll see if he comes.”
“ He?” Mackenzie raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes.
It had been 30 minutes... He wouldn't come... “ Linda I think we can't wait any longer!” Alicia told me and I just nodded. I just took a seat on the table wishing that tonight Brandon would not do anything to hurt someone...
As Alicia was about to put some beef on the plates someone knocked the door. I literally run to the door and found Daryl looking more handsome than ever before. He was wearing a black structured jacket, a white t-shirt under it and black dress pants. We sent some minutes looking at each other. Someone cough awkwardly and I saw a girl standing next to Daryl... “ Hi I don't think we have properly met. I'm Erin.” the black haired girl, next to Daryl, smiled. I remembered her from that night in his house and at school... I wasn't really happy to see her.
“ Hi! I'm Linda!” I smiled, but that smile wasn't real. “ Um do you want to come in? There are two more empty seats.” I opened the door more and let them in.
I took a deep breath and got ready for whatever it was going to happen...


Linda? Are you coming? We're waiting for you!” Steve yelled from downstairs. I had been in my room for about 10 minutes. This wasn't the dinner I had imagined. In the whole meal I could sense the intense. It was almost tangible! Brandon against Daryl, Daryl against Jensen, Jensen against me...The last one was driving me crazy. Mainly because he was sitting next to me. Someone was texting me all the time, my cell was vibrating on my leg but I didn't look. Only Alicia was having a great time, as she was repeating over and over again. I should ask Daryl about her strange behaviour.
“Coming” I replied unwillingly. I got up from the bed and wore my shoes. As I was opening the door I thought something. I locked the door and changed. I had to admit that I looked pretty good. While I was going down everybody was staring at me. I was wearing a mini, black, hug dress. I had my hair in a curly tress. My silver heels were shining as my diamond earings. My mother's bracelet was the tip of the iceberg!
As I stepped downstairs Jensen took my hand and turned me round. I was suddenly in his arms and we started moving.
“Who turned the music on?” I said teasing him.
“Who cares?” he replied and laughed. I laughed, too.
“So that means you are not mad at me anymore?” I couldn't hide my feelings.
“I wasn't mad at you, I was mad at me, because I let you down. I don't wanna live without you and pretend I don't care. I don't wanna lose you again.” I could understand that he meant what he told me.
Then too quickly the song stopped and I changed partener. Daryl put his arm around my waist and started dancing. His eyes were always in mine, in an uncomfortable way.
“This guy... he isn't who he tells he is” he said with a weird smile on his face.
“I don't really care!” I told him although I would die to know what he knew.
He must have guessed it because he said; “I bet you do! He gave me a smile.
“It'll take me some time to comply with the fact that you know me so good! Anyway, tell me or stop it now.”
“That's all I got for now, but I promise I'll find his secret. I won't allow him to hurt you, are-”
“Okay knock it off, now!” I interrupted him and got away from him. Both of them had me confused, so I went to the only person that could cheer me up, Steve.
Is my little girl upset?” I heard the voice I was hoping not to hear. I looked at Brandon and get him a look. He just smirked.
“ Why are you even here?” I asked angrily.
He came closer to me and for a second I thought that he was going to bit me again. “ Don't use that tone to me... Do you want me to remind you what happened last time?” he whispered into my ear. “ Oh wait you have your boyfriend to protect you. But I am actually confused which one is it? Jensen? Daryl?”
Before I could reply Nicole came. I sighed in relief. “ Hey haven't seen you all night!” she told me. Brandon excused his self and left us alone.
“ Yeah I know sorry about that.” I apologized. “ Have you seen Steve?”
“ He is dancing with Mackenzie.” she answered and I gave her a 'continue' look. “ Poor guy, he didn't want to dance, but she made him, because she was bored.” I laughed and the picture of Steve dancing came to my mind causing me to laugh more because he hated dancing. That totally made my mood, kind of.
Come on, let's save him.” I said jokily and went back to the living room. I saw Steve and Mackenzie dancing. He had a desperate look on his face so I called him to come here. My eyes widen when I saw Daryl and Jensen talking. The didn't really seemed friendly with each other. Great, that was the last thing I needed... If only I knew what they were talking about.
“ Hey a friend of mine invite us to go at a party. Do you want to come?” Steve asked all of us.
“ Yes!” Mackenzie said immediately and Nicole agreed with her. They both loved parties.
“ Can we come too?” Erin asked and Steve nodded with a smile.
She turned her attention to Daryl ; “ Hey bro, can I talk to you for a sec?”. He immediately left his corner where he was having a conversation with Jensen and went to her. She was whispering something but he didn't agree with her. I could tell it from his expression. But she managed to convince him in some way. I knew that he hated parties and clubs and I was sure that in our previous life-that's how I called the years before my father's death-didn't have much of the teenage life that others had.
“ Okay, let's everybody move” Steve almost shouted in my ear.
“ Hey, don't do that and I should probably tell you that I'm not in the mood of going out” I told him. He gave me the puppy dog look but I wasn't going to surrender.
“ You used to be the center of the attention back then” I heard a familiar voice beside me. I knew it was him.
“ Unlike you as I can remember” I told him and turned around to face him.
“ Yeah, you're right but I do my best to impress you, so I would be glad if you accompany us.”
“ Okay. Guys I'm in. But I'll be in the car with Mack and Jensen!”


I gotta admit that the party was awesome. We had a great time and we danced literally all night. I didn't bother about Daryl and his sibling, as they call each other. Jensen gave me a second chance and I was determined to make it work. We decided to start from the beginning, to go slow. I was sure that he was the right guy for me. I was thinking all these while we were going to the car. Mack was more drunk than us, or to be exact from me, because Jensen didn't drink anything.
“ Hey Mack let me drive now” Jensen said softly to her. I knew he trusted her but he was worried.
“ No way” she said. “ I'm perfectly capable of driving us home safely” We didn't contradict.
She was driving really good even drunk. We had the radio turned on and the music made us sing and dance. I didn't understand what happened. Everything occurred so quickly. The one time we were going well and the other we went off the road. The night was wonderful till it transformed to a nightmare. Everything went black. I knew it was over...


{{αν σε δυσκολεύει η αγγλική γλώσσα του βιβλίου επέλεξε στο πλάγιο μενού δεξιά ..μετάφραση - ελληνικά... ΓΙΑ ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΕΣ ΚΑΤΩ ΑΠΟ ΤΟ ΕΙΚΟΝΙΔΙΟ ΤΗΣ ΜΕΤΑΦΡΑΣΗΣ}}

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου