Παρασκευή 22 Μαρτίου 2013

Κεφάλαιο 4ο '' The Way I Loved You ''


Part 4


I slowly opened my eyes. My head was ready to explode. I looked around. I didn't know where I was. I tried to get up, but a hand touched my shoulder light and pushed my down. I looked up and found Daryl looking at me.
Pictures from last night came in my mind. Me leaving Jensen's house. The guy which talked to me and he... bit me. Daryl fighting with him, taking me in his arms and then everything was black. “You have to lay down.” Daryl told me.
What happened?” I mumbled. Was that man a vampire? As that thought came to mind I remembered the dream I had some days ago where Daryl told me he was a vampire. I needed some answers, but again Daryl wouldn't give them to me.
You need to rest!” he said softly.
I sat up on bed not looking at him and asked again stubbornly “ What happened yesterday?” I wouldn't give up that easy. He needed to answer me for once.
Can you stop being so stubborn for once?” he snapped.
I turned my whole body to face him. How could he know so many things about me? I was starting to freaking out. “We've known each other for at least 3 days. How do you know all these stuff?” I asked irritated.
Because we know each other!” he said immediately regretting it.
My lips parted and stared at him with wide eyes. “ What do you mean?” I managed to ask.
He looked away from me. “ I'll tell you all when time is right.” he sighed. “ For now I want you to listen a song that maybe bring back memories.” he took me hand in his and pulled me out of bed making me to follow him to his room, I guess.
I was more confused than ever before in my whole life. I stayed silence waiting to listen that song he told me about. He pointed at me a chair to sit and I did.



He grabbed the guitar from his bed, sat opposite from me and started playing and singing.
I never wanted to hurt you they way I did.
That's why I made you forget about me.
Every night I watched you fell asleep
Wanting to hold you n my arms
But I never did.” those words were so familiar as I've listened to them a million times in an other life. “Forget about me” he said in the song, but I remembered - almost – clearly when he said to me those words.
We were fighting in the empty street and the rain fell heavily. His eyes were glowing and tears slipped from his eyes. The next moment I was staring in the dark night. A dream or a memory? I'm sure that it wasn't a dream, but on the other hand, I didn't remember a thing of that moment. So, what was that? Maybe the song touched me, but why?
The pain burns inside me
'Cause I want you beside me
my lips want your kiss
but you forgot about me.” after that thing that came to my mind, I was pretty sure that he wrote this song for me, for us. But how could he feel all these emotions? We had known each other for about 3 days, when did he felt those things? Because we know each other, his words reaped in my head. And it was true. It was like I knew his heart, his soul. It was pure and it was for me.
I still remember how you feel asleep in my arms
I was singing your favorite song
and whispering 'Everything will be fine,
I'll stay be your side.' ” he continued singing with that angelic voice of his. Memories of those nights - he was singing about - came in my mind. He and I cuddling in my bed. And when I had nightmares or couldn't sleep he was always there to comfort me. Singing to me, hugging me tight till I was feeling safe again in his arms.
That's why I'm back.
Hoping that I'll have
A second chance
Because I'll never love anyone else,
The Way I Loved You.” he finished without taking his eyes off me. During the whole song his eyes were burning me. His look was full of intense like he was waiting to see my reaction.
When I didn't do anything he stood up and went downstairs. I wanted to run into his arms ans sink my face to his chest, but I was frozen. I had just memories from a life with him that I didn't remember and someone, something, bit me yesterday. Not to mention all the emotions that flooded the atmosphere. However, I wasn't sure why I fought those feelings, but I made myself to conform. So, when I went to the living room I was pretty emotionally steady.
I saw him sitting on the sofa with his head on his hands. He slowly got up and started at me with the most painful expression. But at the drop of a hat he changed. His eyes blacked and his body stiffened. He came closer to me, carrying Jensen's jacket. His irritation was clear. I – almost – recognized another emotion in his eyes, jealously. Questions and feelings burnt inside me, but I managed to keep my mask. “Is it because of him?” he asked angrily showing me the jacket. I knew what he thought, but I was unable to answer his question. Because of him what? Before I could ask him what he meant , he asked a different question : “Are you breaking us apart?” “ Are you in love with him?” A cascade of question filled my mind.
Breaking us apart? What was he talking about? All that happened the last minutes didn't answer any of my questions. It gave me more. I needed to get out of there. Far away from all fears and shadows. Far away as possible. Even if it was far away from him. It was like my life turned upside down, once again. “ I'm going to go.” I muttered. I almost didn't hear my voice.
Yeah of course! You're going to find him!” he seemed pretty mad. However, that made me furious. Why did he even care? He barely knew me. He couldn't just come here and mess with my life. He had some explanations to give me, but of course why would he do that?
Maybe, maybe not. But at least I'll be away from you.” my words must hurt him. I saw it in his eyes. His madness turned into sadness again... I felt awful with myself, but without a second thought I got up and left. Leaving him behind looking at me with the most painful expression.
I didn't know where I was. I checked my pocket hoping that my phone would be there and luckily it was. I had 20 missed calls. 15 from Alicia, 3 from Steve and 2 from Jensen. Alicia must be really worried... I immediately called her. She probably was at work right now. “Linda? Where are you?” she almost yelled at the phone.
I'm coming home.” I informed her.
I know you're an adult right now, but next time you want to stay at Jensen's house you should tell me.” what? I didn't stay at Jensen's. Who tell her that? I needed to call Jensen.
Look, I'm sorry! I'll see you at home.” I hung up before she could say anything else.
Feeling confused with myself about everything I called Jensen. It was Saturday so he should be home. “ Hello?” he picked up his phone.
Hey, Jensen!” I said trying to sound like I wasn't upset or angry. “ Did you call me?”
Yeah! Alicia called me asking where you were and I told her you stayed here because you feel asleep.” he sounded really worried. I couldn't believe that maybe the sweetest guy I had ever met liked me. And I'm in love with a vampire, I thought. What? He's not a vampire... “Did something happened yesterday?”
Um.. I...” I stuttered. “ I slept at Nicole's house.” I lied. I couldn't tell him that a vampire, or whatever that man was, bit me. It was crazy to even think about it. And I'm sure it would be worst to tell it.
Really?” he asked to make sure that I was telling the truth.
Yes, I didn't want to go home.” I was a terrible friend. I was lying at him. “ I'll talk to you later.” I said. “Bye.” I hung up.
I sighed. Thankfully it's Saturday, so I didn't miss school. I didn't care about school though. All I wanted to hear was the truth. I wanted Daryl to tell me the truth. However, I wasn't ready to face him.
After some minutes I found my way home. It wasn't that far away from where I was.
I unlocked the door and went to my room knowing that no one was there. Alicia was at work and Steve out with his friends, like he was doing every Saturday.
I opened the balcony’s glass doors and stepped outside. I sat on the wooden swing, swinging lightly back and forth and looking straight ahead the beautiful view. The room was almost into the woods. So everywhere were tall trees. The best thing was the mountains. Everything was so peaceful and quite. The only sound was the singing of the birds.
I looked my hand, I was wearing the bracelet my mum had given to me when I was 5 years old. Some days before she died. It was silver with the symbol of infinity. “ When you're sad wear this bracelet and always remember that I'll be here with you no matter what.” she had told me. I still remember it like it was yesterday. “ I miss you so much.” I whispered and a tear rolled my cheek. I wiped it and got inside.
After an hour laying on my bed Steve got home. “ Linda?” he called.
Upstairs!” I yelled and within a minute he was sitting on my bed. He looked at me with a 'what's wrong' look. “I'm fine!” I told him looking at the ceiling.
Yeah of course you are.” he rolled his eyes. “ Because when people are fine are staring at the ceiling with a blank expression!” he said sarcastic.
I didn't say anything. Just gave him a look and continue looking at the ceiling like it would give the answers I was looking for.
Come get up! We're going out to eat.” he threw me a t-shirt. “ Mum will be home late tonight!”
I groaned and got up. I didn't want to go out, but I had to keep my mind sane. If I kept thinking about the man who bit me, what Daryl said and the memories or what else they where, I had to admit that I was getting paranoid.
I had a great time with Steve. He kept my mind off things for a while by telling me that Alicia had a date. After her husband's death she didn't give to anyone a chance to start something new and move on. Like she was always saying, she didn't need anyone. She had Steve and me.
It was already 10 in the evening when we got back. We spent all day outside. I was glad to have Steve, he was like my brother. We were fighting sometimes, but that's what all brothers and sisters do, right?
I'm going to sleep.” I said yawning. I headed upstairs in my room feeling really tired.
As I opened my room door I saw in my bed a letter. Who was in my room?
I grabbed it and started reading it. It was from Daryl...
Linda,
I'm sorry for the way I acted today. I totally get it why you are mad at me. I know you need some answers and I'm going to give them to you. You probably don't want to see me right now, but the only way to answer to your questions is if you meet me at my house. I'm so sorry again. I don't know what got into me, or maybe I do, but forget it... I'll be waiting for you... like I always have and always do...
Daryl
It was my only chance to learn the truth... I wasn't going to miss it... I grabbed my jacket and almost ran downstairs. I took my car keys and opened the door. “ I'm going out!” I yelled so Steve could hear me.
I got inside my car and drove to his house hoping all would be better soon...




{{αν σε δυσκολεύει η αγγλική γλώσσα του βιβλίου επέλεξε στο πλάγιο μενού δεξιά ..μετάφραση - ελληνικά... ΓΙΑ ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΕΣ ΚΑΤΩ ΑΠΟ ΤΟ ΕΙΚΟΝΙΔΙΟ ΤΗΣ ΜΕΤΑΦΡΑΣΗΣ}}

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου