Τετάρτη 10 Απριλίου 2013

Το 12ο Κεφάλαιο....


Part 12



Few weeks later, in early December


Linda's P.O.V.


“...I haven't seen him for a long time”, Nicole finished whatever she was saying the whole time from the class to the cafeteria. I didn't really pay attention to her because I knew she was talking about him, Daryl. I just shove my head and added some hmm where they were essential. I kept my promise and never cried for him since the last time. Now my mind was flying to my boyfriend. He had told me that he had prepared a surprise for our month together – yeah, I know childish but really sweet!
Hey! Princess where are you?” Mackenzie's voice brought me back from my daydreaming.
I'm thinking of Jensen” I told and from their laughs I could tell that I had the ' daydreamer's look', as they called it when I was thinking of him.
Okay, what's he doing now?” Nicole – I was sure – knew but asked me anyway.
Like you don't know” I said and gave her a I-am-tired-of-you look.
You are right, I do know, but I won't say a word to any of you!” she told intensely. Mackenzie and I looked at her with our 'puppy eyes'. They didn't work. The result; we didn't speak to each other the rest of the way.
As we opened the doors our mouths fell wide open. It was decorated! Plastic hearts were hanging from the ceiling and there were angels-waiters. All students were in couples, either friendly ones or more than that. It was so...romantic! No one had done something like that for me ever. I noticed Jensen was waiting for me in a table on the corner. He had his back turned to me. I thought he had something special and for another time time I wondered what he was doing with me. As far as I knew, many girls were dreaming a date with him. Stop thinking these things I ordered myself. Just enjoy it, which was - by the way - the easiest thing.
I caught him by surprise when I hugged him. He got up and hugged me back.
You're perfect. You are my angel!” I whispered in his ear. He smiled and told me; “ I think that we changed roles. I did all these to prove you that You are the angel here. And I fell for you! Isn't this funny?”
My eyes filled with tears as he was telling me these words.
Did I say something wrong?” he asked. He sounded kinda terrified. I couldn't tell him what was in my heart so I did what would express me better, I kissed him... and then the crowd went nuts. They clapped and whistled and made my cheeks reddened. He gave me a slight kiss and said shyly;
We had better sit down or we will be in YouTube in a few minutes...”
Apart from that incident our 'secret' date went on normally. Okay, it'd had its awkward moments, such as when these guys came to our table and gave him congrats, but it was the greatest date ever!
Wow!” Mackenzie yelled. She was pretty excited about the whole thing. I was, too , but I tried-really hard-not to make a scene. She didn't have such problems.
We got that you are crazy about Jensen's gesture to our dear friend, but relax!” Nicole ordered.
You have no right to speak” Mackie replied. And that was the start of an epic fight. Fortunately I didn't pay attention. I was flying. I didn't realize how I got into my Chevy and went back home. I didn't remember a thing of my afternoon or when I fell asleep...









Daryl's P.O.V.




Another random day for me, laying on my bed filled with sorrow and pain. I knew it was my fault for feeling that way. I didn't know what to do to fix all these, though. Linda was already on her way and she was far away, too far for me to catch her.
I had ditched school for good. Not that I cared at all about it. I have spent a lot of time there the last 200 years, 218 to be exact, and it hasn't get any interesting. The only reason to go there was her, but since she is always with Jensen it's not of my business to be there. But of course I was checking her every night before she fell asleep to make sure she was okay. Brandon might was out of town, but he would be back soon, like always. And when he would I had to stop him for good.
Come on, dude, get up!” Erin threw me a pillow, but I caught it before it hit me. “ You know you're doing like those teenage girls on movies who are laying on bed because they broke up.” she said sarcastically. “ Just get up!” she yelled when I didn't answer. “ You know what? I don't recognize you anymore! Since when am I the one with the sarcastic comments? Who are you, anyway, and what did you do to Daryl?” she continued.
I sighed. She was right, but of course I wasn't going to tell her that. “ Is it the part of the movie when the character's best friend come to make them feel better?” I got up from bed.
Ah that's the Daryl I know!” she smirked and I shook my head chuckling. “ Oh and get ready, we're going to school!” she smiled and left my room.
We?” I yelled, not that she couldn't hear me. She didn't answer so I just got ready.
Great, now I have to see her with him. It hurt too much... he couldn't be that perfect. Everything he did for Linda seemed the right things, but one wasn't right... keeping her away from me... He must had a secret and I was going to find it out. I wouldn't let him to be with Linda if I wasn't 100 % sure that, that guy was “clear”.
Man in black!” Erin laughed when she saw me.
My style choices haven't changed over the years. Black t-shirts. Dark jeans. Nothing else. But for some reasons girls loved it...
Just get in the car!” I opened my car's – black Subaru – door and got inside. Erin did the same and we headed for school....
We reached school almost together, but she was first. We always did speed competitions : running or driving. She was practically my little sister and we acted as we were siblings!
I parked next to her. I knew that she would make fun of me and she did.

Ha! I beat you one more time. You buy me lunch”, she said and came next to me. She put her arm on my shoulder.
Time to face our boring day. Sorry, my boring day, because yours will be full.”. She had a scandalous smile, but her tone was sad.
I'll be okay” I reassured her. I didn't believe my words but it had to be fine.
You cannot fool me and you know it”. She caught me for another time. “ However I swear to you that if you do what I said, she'll come to you” she took my hand and we took the way to the class.



Linda's P.O.V


I recognized her from the moment she stepped into the class. Daryl said that they were just friends with the supermodel, but who would be just buddy with her? She captured everyone's attention. She gave a smile to Daryl - and I knew it was for him, because he was smiling all the time - and gave the papers to the teacher. He looked confused but when she told him something he nodded and showed her the empty seat next to Daryl. She was walking like a ballerina. Jealousy burnt inside me. Although Daryl had confessed that nothing was really happening between them, I couldn't held myself not to envy this girl. She was the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Why did she have to have him? I know I shouldn't think that way but I didn't want her anywhere near him. I tried to convince me that my thoughts were mistaken but didn't really helped. It was hard to concentrate to the subject when I had them behind me. Plus the fact that I heard papers and slight laughs. My fantasy went pretty far. I imagined they exchanged love letters and kisses. It was a wander that I stayed in my place and didn't cause a scene. I wanted to separate them...

My thoughts were interrupted by the bell. I started to pick my books and notes, when I saw someone coming to me. I got my head up and met a heart-shaped face opposite mine. I forgot my anger towards her and admired her beauty. I knew I was staring at her but she did the same, so I didn't bother pretending I was busy. She broke the silence.
Daryl told me to come to you for help” she said kinda shyly and showed me her schedule. Damn, we had the same classes!
Yeah, sure! You can follow me. Just a minute to pick up my things.” I said coldly. I knew it was wrong and rude of me to behave like that but I couldn't help it. She was too gorgeous to be compared with and surely had Daryl. I didn't know why but imagining him with another girl caused me pain.
I stopped in front of the door. The class had already started! Now I was late because of her! She didn't seem worried about being late.
Look, you can go inside. Since is your first day you shouldn't lose the class. I'm gonna go to the library. You can follow me if you want...”. I had no idea why I recommended that but I wish she didn't accept my invitation.
No thanks” she said and knocked the door. I run to the library before Mrs Snipe saw me. It was relaxing that I could be away from everybody, so I could think clearly.
I headed for the back of the room but I turned around as I saw his distinctive messy dirty blonde hair. I hid behind a self before he noticed me. I reminded to myself that I had a boyfriend and that I shouldn't be anywhere this specific boy. He always made me do irrational and reckless things. Despite my attempts to get away, I found myself attractive. His appearance made everything else insignificant. I hadn't realize that I was touching a book, so when I moved, it fell. I leaned to reach it and I heard the most familiar footsteps.
Linda?” His voice was invincible but I noticed that he wasn't actually surprised. I - on the other hand - tried to sound a little surprised.
Hey! Daryl...what - what are you doing here?” I had to admit that I was a terrible actress.
The question is what are you doing here. Are you following me?”
No, of course not”
Then how come you are here?”
I'm ditching class” I clarified.
That must be the first!” he said. This time he was surprised.
How do you know that?” I demanded to know.
Lucky guess!”
How many lucky guesses...” I said sarcastically. “ I assume that we were pretty close back then. Otherwise I can't explain how do you know all these stuff about me.” I didn't believe that I told those things. I was sure that they were true but I didn't expect my lack of emotions. My words were cold, almost rude. He stood rigid. Apparently he couldn't believe what happened, either. After a really long pause he said :
Yeah, I used to be important to you”. He turned his back to me and started going away from me...
What's that? You're just gonna say something like that and leave?” I had totally forgot that we were at the library and we had to be quite. I couldn't care less, anyway. “ You don't say something like that Daryl! You own me some explanations! Since the day we met, you do!” he just looked at me without saying anything so I continued. “ And I have no idea if that day was 2 months or two years ago. Just tell me the truth!” I shook my head when he didn't say anything and became to leave.
Wait!” he somehow was standing in front of me. Like that night with... No, no way...
How, how did you?” I stuttered looking at the spot he was standing few seconds ago and where he was now.
Quiet you two!” the librarian, Mrs Smith, said. I had totally forgotten about her. She was really strict. She never let anyone talk or even whisper. Crazy, old woman.
Come with me!” Daryl took my hand and within a minute we were standing by a car, his car. “ Get in!” he nodded towards the car and I did as he said, confused with myself and everything that had happened. I couldn't tell the effect he had on me, no matter what happened a second before. I could follow him anywhere without even thinking asking where. I had so many questions that needed to be answered, once again, but one was the most important; was Daryl a vampire? The dreams I had seen, the fights with Brandon, he couldn't fight with him if he wasn't one of his kind, too. He was too strong. A human couldn't do anything against him. And the high speed... Why didn't I see it earlier? Probably because that was crazy and totally supernatural!
Even if that was true, I wasn't scared like I was with Brandon... I was feeling safe with him... Maybe he wasn't honest with me, but I couldn't help feeling that way. He inspired me with good feeling even though he was a monster... No, that was wrong! He was kind despite his nature and I was grateful I had him taking care of me. I owed him my life!
He didn't speak all the way to wherever we were going. I just started outside of the window how the buildings were disappearing too quickly, because Daryl were driving so fast. Within minutes the town was replaced by the woods. I could tell that it was beautiful, like a green blur. All kind of green were mixed and the view was breathtaking. Just then I noticed how fast he was going. It was both scaring and majestic.
Will you slow down? You are going to get us crashed on something. And apparently I'm too young to die in such away. ” I said causing him to go faster. “ Daryl, please!” I pleaded and he suddenly stopped the car. It was a miracle I was wearing the seat-belt, otherwise I would have hit my head in the front window. He got outside the car muttering something to himself, I couldn't really understand what. He seemed kinda mad at himself. I deemed that the perfect time to follow him and try to talk to him. “ So the plan is to leave me on the middle of nowhere?” We were 20 minutes out of the town if I was right. Don't know where exactly... I couldn't be sure. His driving was too fast. The only thing I could see was trees and barely hear the river. I saw squirrels running. I knew somehow that it was because of his appearance. They could sense the danger. Why couldn't I feel it? I didn't realized that I was next to the door looking at him. He had his back on me. He turned around and give me a painful look. It hurt it to see him like that. “ What's wrong, Daryl?” I asked calmly. “ You know you can trust me to keep your secret. I'm sure I have done so in the past, so why not now?”
He took a minute before he answered. “ This! This is wrong! You don't deserve all this.” I swear, it was so hard to understand that guy.
Okay you know I lost you now. Just spill the beans, alright?”
It's not that easy, trust me on this one. It was hard to say it at the first time, although I gotta say that your reaction was unexpected.” He chuckled.
Okay just stop for once and tell me what you mean!” my irritation was back and I couldn't control my nerves. “ Stop being the mysterious guy and tell me what you want to say.” I had this feeling that I knew what he was talking about. It was my dream! He confessed he was a vampire.
You don't understand. I -”
Then, help me understand!” I interrupted him. I wanted to hear it from him. I wanted to know that I wasn't losing my mind with all these stuff.
What do you want to hear, huh?” he came closer to me. So close that I could recognize the intense in his eyes. “ Yes, 2 years ago we were together, we were in love, but it doesn't matter anymore. I don't deserve you. You have to forget about me, do you listen?”
He was being senseless... Why could I not remember all this? Why? “ Maybe I don't want to forget, again.” again? Why did that word come out of my mouth? I didn't even know what I meant. Or did I ? Everything was connected to the truth.“ And there's still something you're not telling me! Are you...” I stopped. For some reasons it was difficult to say that word. Everything was so weird and... irrational... “ Are you a vamp-vampire?” I sounded stupid. I couldn't look him in the eyes, it was too awkward...
Oh Linda!” he put his hand on my face and rubbed my cheek. He turned his back on me again. “ Yes, I am a vampire. And I have to say that I'm in love with you.”




{{αν σε δυσκολεύει η αγγλική γλώσσα του βιβλίου επέλεξε στο πλάγιο μενού δεξιά ..μετάφραση - ελληνικά... ΓΙΑ ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΕΣ ΚΑΤΩ ΑΠΟ ΤΟ ΕΙΚΟΝΙΔΙΟ ΤΗΣ ΜΕΤΑΦΡΑΣΗΣ}}

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου