Παρασκευή 29 Μαρτίου 2013

Το 7ο Κεφάλαιο του βιβλίου "The Way I Loved You"...!


Part 7


Daryl's P.O.V.
I was so furious that I could easily cut his head off. How did he dare to touch her? If I didn't hold her in my own arms knowing that she is safe now and she needed my help, he would be dead, forever this time. I had to protect her. I would do anything to keep her safe. Maybe it was wrong to go back to her. Every time I was around her something bad was happenning. But I couldn't leave her again. It was too painful on the first place. I know that what I was thinking was too selfish, but I loved her. I loved her more than words could describe. I didn't understand that she had gone and that mistake would have been fatal.
I heard her scream. My heart sank. She was in danger and it was all my fault. I ran downstairs and saw him biting her neck – again. “ NO!” I yelled and pushed him away from her. He was across the street. It hurt me seen her like that. She had fainted. I should have taken her away the minute I pushed Brandon back. But madness took control of me. I found a wooden stake. This time he had to die. I couldn't let him hurt her anymore. I was in front of him. He was laying on the ground. I took the stake in my one hand and with all the power that had left me from the fight I drive it through his heart.


The last minute though he managed to pushed me back. I was now laying on the ground unable to move. He buried the stake on my stomach and I whined in pain. “ That was a big mistake.” he said. “ You know she tastes so good. I could drink some more of her blood.” he went back to her. “ no, no, no.” I muttered. I took the stake out of my stomach trying to hold the pain back. The fight had exhausted me. However, I loved her too much to let her get hurt more. Brandon wasn't longer there. I panicked and hoped that he hadn't taken her away. I sighed in relief when I saw her laying on the cold ground. She was at the edge of dying and if she did I wouldn't be able to live a minute without her. Living in a world that she didn't exist was a torment. I took her in my embrace forgetting the pain I was feeling. Seeing her like that hurt more. I walked to my car and laid her down carefully. I drove back home. Trying to decide what was the best thing to do... Leave her again to keep her out of troubles? Or stay and protect her?
As soon as we arrived at my house I called Erin to help me. She immediately came out of the house and run where I was. She was also a vampire. I had to turned her or else she would have died. She was my friend – like my sister – and I couldn't let her die. “ What happened?” she asked worried when she saw the blood in my white t-shirt.
Just take Linda inside.” I opened the back door. “ I have to take care of this.” I looked at my healed wound. I had to gained my strength. Brandon could appear anytime.


Is she better?” I walked into my room and saw Linda laying on my bed and Erin cleaning the two holes in her neck. I couldn't stop blaming myself. I should have never come back. I knew that something like that would happen. Brandon just wanted revenge and the best way to do is by killing the only person I have ever loved.
Erin walked out from the room and I stayed there just staring at her. I was watching her sleeping, as I had done so many times before,but now it was different. Now I had to say the final goodbye. I came back to her because I thought it was safe for her to be with someone like me. Being a vampire and fall in love with a human isn't the cleverest thing in the world. Especially for the human. But, despite all the rules I fell for Linda. She was beautiful, smart, fascinating and that's why I shouldn't be anywhere close to her. But I did and I was flying when she confessed her feelings, though I shouldn't. Back then I left her-or to be honest, she left me-cause I was hazardous. The months that we were together were the happiest in my whole life, although I was always fighting with my instincts not to hurt her. However, I did and we broke up. Now, I have come back because I changed for her, so that we could be together. Today I was proved wrong. I'm not allowed to be anywhere near her, that puts her into a continual danger.
She was pale from the loss of blood, but still looked so beautiful. I sat next to her at the bed and stroked her brown hair. I wanted so much to feel her lips against mine. It's been so long. I closed my eyes and thought about all the times in the past. Nothing was better then either, but at least I could call her mine. Why did I think that this time things will changed? Why was I so stupid? I should just leave. After making sure that she was okay, I would leave town.
My thoughts were interrupted by the door. It was Erin. She immediately understood what was on my mind when she saw the way I was looking at Linda like it would be the last time. “ No, not again Daryl” she almost cried. “ You know how much I hate the idea myself. It hurts me even though I just thought it”
If it had been hard the last time, imagine this one. Please, I cannot see you like that ever again. You were devastated!” she said desperately. “Daryl you don't exist without her. I was with you when you let her go and-until now that you are with her-you acted like there was nothing to live for. You were really dead and -”
Stop telling me things that I already know. That's the truth: she is my life but I have made my decision. I'm leaving.” I interrupted her and watched Linda for the last time. I thought the time I spent- actually passed-without her. I didn't sleep, eat or drink anything. She was my obsession. I was wandering alone in the dark, looking for signs that she had returned to me.
I had never felt so incomplete or worthless. After some weeks I was thinking that I had imagined her and all the time we spent. It was all a dream I used to tell myself. Fortunately, Erin found me and helped me deal with the pain and find myself. For a couple of months I didn't let her sleep, I cried and yelling Linda's name. Slowly she helped me with self-control and other things, until I was ready to meet Linda again and be able to give us a second chance. When I came I finally felt right, but I was the wrong choice for her, again. “ You do understand that she will continue her life...with someone else, don't you?”. Her words froze me in place. It never crossed my mind that somebody else would replace me in her mind, in her heart, in her lips... I felt so jealous and furious imagining Linda hugging and kissing someone apart from me. She was mine, wasn't she? “ She will be happy with an other guy and Jensen – who, by the way, is in love with her and you know that – will be her first choice” she continued. “She is already attracted to him.”
No” I said “ she is mine and I'm hers”
You are wrong! She was yours, now she's started a new life and you have to fight to be in it”. I knew that she was right. Nothing had changed for me, but everything for her. I had to fight for Linda, but that would mean that I had to stay. Otherwise, I would lose her forever! That thought caused me so much pain that I couldn't breath.
Why are you doing this to me?” I yelled at Erin, “ I'm already paining! Why do you want to cause me more?” I knew that she was doing everything for me and Linda, but I couldn't think clearly.
I hate watching you suffering” she whispered “ you know you're like a brother to me and anything that I do, I do it for you. I don't mean to hurt you, I just want you to take every possibility into account and then make up your mind”, she added in a low voice.
I hugged her and told her: “I'm sorry Er, I didn't mean what I said. I love you and I know- I really do- you want the best for me. I just can't handle the truth! I can't lose her, not again. But I can't stay either.”
You can't or you don't want to? Come on Daryl, we both know what you've been through to be with Linda and now what? You're just gonna sit back and watch?”
Believe me I don't want to” I said, “It's a miracle that I can see her again and I want- as much as anything in the whole world- to hold her in my arms. It's like she owns my soul and I'm half- not to say dead- without her. But I can't stay. I mustn't do it”
She pushed me back with more power than I had expected. I fell on the door. She looked furious when she said “ You are so selfish. You don't deserve her. Leave.”. Her words hurt me, but most of all hurt the fact that it was all true. But I wasn't courageous enough to stay. I ran away from the only person I wanted to be with. I ran away from the truth. I ran away from love.
I walked outside of the room devastated. I thought it was the right decision to leave her -again. Maybe it wasn't. Erin was telling the truth. I was selfish. My love for her made me. I didn't want to let her go. Not this time. She was my only happiness. My sunlight. Tears rolled my eyes. I couldn't held them back. But I knew what I had to do. I'd let her be happy. Even if that mean that she'd be with someone else. Jensen was the right guy for her, not me. I was just a guy who couldn't stop hurting her. I never wanted that. But I had to do it. I'd let her go. And as for me... time may not heal my scars, the last time it didn't. I knew that I'd never forget her or stop loving her, but after some years – centuries – I might not feel so heartbroken.



{{αν σε δυσκολεύει η αγγλική γλώσσα του βιβλίου επέλεξε στο πλάγιο μενού δεξιά ..μετάφραση - ελληνικά... ΓΙΑ ΠΛΗΡΟΦΟΡΙΕΣ ΚΑΤΩ ΑΠΟ ΤΟ ΕΙΚΟΝΙΔΙΟ ΤΗΣ ΜΕΤΑΦΡΑΣΗΣ}}

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου